Tuesday, February 21, 2017

47. Who Do You Think You’re Fooling?
After Gerry went to group, I walked back to the staff kitchen to get coffee, passing the candy dish in the assessor’s office.  I had cut back on sweets a week earlier.  Typically the candy dish was full at the start of the day, empty by the end. I’d always assumed everyone ate about the same amount of candy.  Someone had filled the dish on Monday.  It was Thursday and the dish was still a third full.

At first I thought I had been eating more candy than I realized.  Then it hit me – someone must be filling the dish part way just to mess with me.  All those empty candy wrappers that used to cover the bottom of my garbage can at the end of the day? That same someone probably put them there.  They weren’t fooling me.

Today I won’t underestimate my ability to fool myself.


Needles Not For Knitting is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Needles Not For Knitting (c) 2017 by Ken Montrose

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

http://www.amazon.com/Ken-Montrose/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment