Sunday, July 13, 2014

Monday

July 14, 2014


Smart Bears, Angry Rats

Rewards 75 years from now

After the hawk carried the snake away, Brown and Grey stood motionless for a long time.  Gathering up her last ounce of energy, Grey ran across the clearing to a berry patch near the woods. She grabbed the first berry she could find on the ground.  Grey raced back to the den, hoping all the while only one hawk patrolled the clearing, the one dining on snake that day.

Grey and Brown were almost too tired to eat the berry. The fruit was too sweet to resist, especially after such a hard fought battle, and in light of the risk Grey had taken to get it.

They curled up next to each other in their cozy den, drifting off to sleep with the sweet smell of berry on their whiskers.

 
Today I will reward myself for making the extra effort.
Smart Bears, Angry Rats © 2014 by Ken Montrose
 
 
 

g-NAts

 
No wasted talents
When it was his turn to speak, Hoodie said he ran into a college scout who had seen him wrestle as a sophomore.
"He told me to call him when I got my GED," Hoodie said.  "I can't believe anybody still cares about my wrestling. When I dropped out of school, I thought all the studying and all the wrestling had been a waste of time."
Violet said, "As I've gotten older I've learned there is very little useless knowledge, only skills and information waiting to be used."
"A year ago, my uncle fell down a hillside on a hunting trip," Mike said.  "I used first aid I'd learned in the Marine Corps when I was eighteen."
"I play the flute," Barb said.  "I've played more since the breakup of my marriage than I had in the past twenty years combined.  It's so soothing."
 
Today I will be grateful for whatever I've learned, no matter how useful or useless it seems.
g-NAts (c) 2013 by Ken Montrose

 

Freebies

 
I've added a second freebie this week, the Kindle versions of Staying Clean Taking Medications and Dancing with Rachel (a novel).   The Kindle versions are available at http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S
 


To read Kindle books on a PC or Mac, you can download a free app at: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000426311

 

No comments:

Post a Comment