Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Tuesday July 8, 2014

Smart Bears, Angry Rats

Family Time 75 years from now
      Sammy's iWall chirped and a picture of a T cell appeared on the screen. Sammy cringed, even though he was always happy to hear from his son. Sammy Jr. was nicknamed T Cell. When T Cell was young, Sammy had spent more time experimenting with T cells than he had with his son. 
      "If he was a T cell maybe you'd have a little time for him!" Rita had screamed at Sammy. She began calling him that and the nickname stuck. Hearing or seeing that nickname reminded Sammy of all the time he hadn't spent with his son, and all the opportunities he had lost.
      "I will make it up to him," Sammy said out loud. He slipped another Lil' Bit under his tongue.

Today I will spend as much time as I can with loved ones.
 

g-NAts

Plans
The next morning my wife had to get to work early. "I'll set my alarm for you," she said as she left.
The alarm went off and I rolled over to hit what I thought was the snooze button.  An hour later I woke up, looked at the clock and cursed.  I had shaved the night before, and laid out the clothes I wanted to wear.  My wallet, cell phone, and keys were sitting on my schedule, which was sitting on my laptop, ready for me to grab on my way out the door.
"I had planned to get in early today," I said to the dog.  She just yawned.  There wasn't much on her agenda.  "I'll have to figure out what I can do from home and what I can put off until after the holidays."  She wagged her tail.
Today I will accept plans may change, and adaptation can be as important as preparation.


Freebies

I've added a second freebie this week, the Kindle version of Meditations for the First Thirty Days: How not to become roadkill on the highway to recovery.  The Kindle version is available at http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

To read Kindle books on a PC or Mac, you can download a free app at: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000426311


Coming Soon

Past postings from g-NAts and Smart Bears, Angry Rats! 

No comments:

Post a Comment