Wednesday, September 9, 2015

54. What Kind of Word
The next day Carolyn called to thank me.  She said I’d helped her find the strength to take a firm stand with Phil.  I told her I appreciated her call, but she should talk to The Other Ken.  He was Phil’s clinician, and he had helped her much more than I had.
She told me she had thanked The Other Ken.  While the bulk of the good advice she’d heard came from him, she wanted to thank everyone whose kind words helped her take a firm stand with Phil.  
“I needed all the support I could get,” she said.  She asked if she could speak to Miss Rella to thank her as well.  I felt a little guilty as I transferred the call.  The last time I had spoken with Carolyn I had thought I was wasting my breath.  I never expected her to change her behavior.

Today I won’t underestimate the power of a kind word.

Writing My New Story © 2015 by Ken Montrose

(Just a reminder: Writing My New Story is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance to anyone you might know is purely coincidental.)

No comments:

Post a Comment