Wednesday, September 30, 2015

69. It’s Going to Be Okay
At lunch Tigger didn’t bounce into my office, but some of the old spring had returned to his step.  He told me he had finally accepted he wasn’t getting Tim back.  “I’m going to be okay,” he said. “I didn’t think I could ever be okay again, but I don’t know, I just realized I would be. You ever had one of those moments?” 
I told him about a girl who had dumped me in college.  “While she was dumping me, she described how I should react.  Suddenly I realized not only would I be okay, I would be better off. It was a great feeling. There have been times in my life when I didn’t think I’d ever be okay again, but I kept going knowing that feeling might be just around the corner.”

If I face hardships today, I will try to look forward to that ‘it’s going to be okay’ feeling.    

Writing My New Story © 2015 by Ken Montrose

(Just a reminder: Writing My New Story is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance to anyone you might know is purely coincidental.)

No comments:

Post a Comment