Monday, September 28, 2015

67. Turning Over a New Tire
At the gym that night a guy I knew told me he was done drinking, he was turning over a new leaf. I said rather than turning over a new leaf, turn over a tractor tire. “You ever see anybody train with one of those tractor tires that’s almost six feet across?” I asked. “First they get low, recognize how heavy their problem is.  Then they get a firm grip.  They bring everything they have to bear.  They expect to struggle most just before they turn the thing over. And when they reach the tipping point, they let it go, completely. Holding on would just get them hurt.  The smart ones step back after they drop it.  Sometimes the tire doesn’t take kindly to being dropped. It bounces and rolls and can hurt them if they don’t distance themselves. Turn over a tire.”

Today I will turn over a tire.
Writing My New Story © 2015 by Ken Montrose

(Just a reminder: Writing My New Story is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance to anyone you might know is purely coincidental.)

No comments:

Post a Comment