Tuesday, September 1, 2015

49. Positive Changes, Negative Reactions
When I got home, Blondie and Brat Boy were in the living room doing homework, watching TV, and talking about Demanda.  Demanda was going to the Homecoming Dance with a sophomore ‘nice guy.’  Blondie was upset with her classmates’ reactions.

“Dad, they act like she did something horrible.  Instead of going with the hottest senior or the captain of the football team, she’s going with a really nice nobody. I think that’s great, but people think she’s up to something, or she’s trying to spite the popular boys. Give the girl a break!”

Brat Boy chimed in, “Never liked Demanda, but if she’s trying to make a change for the better, why is everybody getting so weird about it?”

“When you do the unexpected, even something positive, negative people will be skeptical, cynical, maybe even unhappy. Do it anyway and tell the unhappy folks to kiss your…”

“Daddy!” Blondie yelled before I could finish my sentence.

Today I will make positive changes regardless of who reacts negatively.


Writing My New Story © 2015 by Ken Montrose

(Just a reminder: Writing My New Story is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance to anyone you might know is purely coincidental.)

No comments:

Post a Comment