Thursday, September 10, 2015

55. Ready, set…
Mick stopped in to tell me she was in the final week of her first trimester.  She was excited about the baby, but clearly something weighed on her mind.
“I told my boyfriend the baby might not be his,” Mick said, looking away.  “I wanted him to say he’d stand by me no matter what.  He doesn’t know how he’ll react if he isn’t the daddy. I told him the truth, isn’t that supposed to set me free? I feel worse not knowing how he’ll react.”
“Do you know why I still take a daily inventory after all these years sober?” I asked.  “Because the world is full of uncertainties.   Every day I want to know how ready I am for whatever life throws at me. Not possible to be completely prepared, but good to know where you stand, figure out what you need to do. ”

Today I will accept life is full of uncertainty,
and prepare as best I can for whatever life has in store.



Writing My New Story © 2015 by Ken Montrose

(Just a reminder: Writing My New Story is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance to anyone you might know is purely coincidental.)

No comments:

Post a Comment