Monday, April 10, 2017

12. Predictable, Manageable, Acceptable
“Not sure how drinking can be called a relationship,” Brat Boy said, “but how is your life different?”
I was almost twelve years sober when Brat Boy was born.  He had no way of knowing what my life was like right before I quit drinking. 
I said, “Life is somewhat predictable, in a good way.  I’ve gotten into a healthy routine.  It’s mostly manageable because I’m clear-headed and not doing things to make it unmanageable.  And though I’m sometimes slow to accept things that can’t be changed, once I do, it’s almost entirely acceptable.”
Today I will be grateful life can be somewhat predictable, mostly manageable, and almost entirely acceptable.

Time for a Change ©2017 by Ken Montrose
Time for a Change is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com

No comments:

Post a Comment