Wednesday, April 25, 2018


Family Ties
Blondie texted me back, “Love you Daddy! Nobody blames you for Brat Boy.”

Brat Boy texted, “Why state the obvious? She’s a girl. She’s Blondie. Of course I’m your favorite.”

Dr. Deb texted, “Love you!”

I was one of the lucky ones who got sober before he had his family.  I’d never once had to apologize for putting my chemical ahead of them.

Over the years I’d encountered too many people in recovery who’d burned all bridges to their families.  Some had started new families once they got clean and sober.  Others had formed families out of friendships, with ties just as permanent as family bonds.  The ones who stayed sober seemed to be those most grateful for their family ties.

Today I’ll be grateful for family ties.

Burnout Training ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Burnout Training is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment