Thursday, April 12, 2018


Sober Hedonism Principle 4: Enjoy a little a lot
“Now this part I don’t understand The New Boss said. He quoted my handout. “The sober hedonist relishes eating a single hot dog.  The glutton eats too many hot dogs with relish.”

“Too much of anything isn’t good,” I answered. “Enjoy a little a lot, or you will enjoy a lot less.”
“That makes even less sense.”

“If you eat one hot dog, and relish every bite, you will enjoy it. That’s a little bit enjoyed a lot.  If you have five hot dogs and wash them down with a six pack, you’ll probably get sick and not enjoy them at all in the end. That’s enjoying a lot, a lot less.”

“I like hamburgers,” The New Boss said. I just smiled.

Today I will enjoy a little a lot.

Burnout Training ©2018 by Ken Montrose
Burnout Training is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment