Wednesday, April 25, 2018


Wrong Again
On Saturday I couldn’t decide where to fish. A lake fifteen minutes from home had been stocked with trout two weeks earlier.  The lake was not far from Pittsburgh and heavily fished. I didn’t want to rub elbows with other fisherman in the accessible parts of the lake. It seemed likely all the trout would be gone by the time I got there.

I decided to drive thirty-five minutes to a rural stream.  When I got there, I had to walk a mile upstream to find a quiet fishing hole. I caught two sticks and snagged away a spinner. Walking back, I passed fisherman after fisherman with nothing to show for their efforts.

Later I checked a site called “Fishidy” where people post their catches and advice on where fish are biting. Several people who’d gone to the local lake had caught all the trout they were allowed to keep in half an hour. Some showed pictures, others posted recipes.  I cursed their smiling faces.

I always picks the wrong line in the grocery store.

Today I’ll accept things will not always go my way.

Burnout Training ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Burnout Training is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment