Sunday, April 22, 2018


Weekends and Weak Ends
 “Twelve Step slogans are just clichés,” Devin said as I passed him in the hall on the way back to my cubicle.

I shrugged, “I’ve found them useful over the years. To me, they’re a poor man’s cognitive therapy.”

He shook his head, “You need to go to the Intellecture. It’s the smartest lecture you’ll ever attend.” 
Clearly he was quoting somebody’s advertising slogan. “It’s all day Saturday. You’ll get a chance to meet Mike Maverick.”

“Think I’ll pass,” I said. “I’m going fishing this Saturday.”

Devin was appalled. “Mike says, ‘Don’t let your weekend become the weak end to your week.’ I’ll send you the flyer as an attachment.”

“Thanks,” I said.  A more honest answer might have been, ‘I would rather clean the dog park with my bare hands than go to the Intellecture.’  I had worked on one project or another every weekend for a month. If I didn’t have a little fun soon, my weekend felt like it might become a dead end.

Today I’ll make sure there’s enough fun in my life.

Burnout Training ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Burnout Training is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment