Monday, April 23, 2018


Potential
A minute later I got an email with an attachment. Apparently Mike Maverick was concerned about me. He suspected I used less than 25% of my ‘kineophesic energy.’ For $350 at the door, or $300 in advance, all major credit cards accepted, the Intellecture would help me unlock my mind’s potential.

I deleted the message and put my mind to work. I wrote a gratitude list starting with, ‘not that gullible.’ Did a quick mindfulness exercise, counting my breaths and slowing my pulse. Called up three good memories from childhood, college, and the last several years. Texted Brat Boy that he was my favorite. Texted Blondie that she was my favorite. Texted Dr. Deb telling her she was never far from my thoughts.

Afterwards, I felt like a million bucks, or at least $350. 

Today I will release my mind’s potential.

Burnout Training ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Burnout Training is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment