Monday, April 9, 2018


Sober Hedonism: Principle 1
The New Boss still looked skeptical, so I went on. “Sober hedonists practice a few principles. The first is ‘be like a camel.’  A camel in the desert doesn’t drink a little bit of water and run off looking for the next oasis.  He drinks his fill, getting the most from everywhere he stops.

“Wherever you are in life, find whatever joy you can and savor it.  Take an extra minute in the shower. Enjoy the feel of clean clothes. Savor simple pleasures. Slow down and really taste that first cup of coffee.”

 I took a sip of my coffee and added. “The sober hedonist knows at times there will be very little pleasure in his life. He enjoys what he can when can.”

Today I’ll enjoy what I can when I can.

Burnout Training ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Burnout Training is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment