Tuesday, April 3, 2018


On Not Being an Archery Target
“I liked that Buddhist idea of the second arrow,” Brittany added. “The first arrow is the pain.  The second arrow is the pain we cause ourselves reacting to the first arrow.”

“I liked it too, the first time I read about it,” I said. “It dovetails with a lot of cognitive therapy. Change the way you think and you’ll dodge that second arrow.”

“I’m so bad about catching the second one,” Bethany said with a deep sigh. “When I caught my boyfriend cheating, I tortured myself. I was convinced nobody had ever felt pain like that. I told myself I’d never love again. I would die alone.”

“Lesson learned?” I asked.

“I’ll never do that to myself again.”

Today I will dodge that second arrow.

Burnout Training ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Burnout Training is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment