Friday, April 27, 2018


Take a Chance
Brittany The World’s Happiest Intern and Fluffy the pit bull met me at my cubicle on Monday morning.  “I met someone,” Brittany said with all the enthusiasm she might have had for getting a root canal.

“You don’t seem all that happy about it,” I pointed out.

“What if he cheats on me like my last boyfriend did? I could end up cold and bitter, a confirmed cat lady before I turn thirty.”

“What if he turns out to be the man of your dreams? You get married, have three kids, and one day he turns to you and says ‘let’s move out to the country where we’ll have room to adopt all the stray dogs and cats we want.’”

“Whoa, that would be nice, but if he’s another skank magnet like the last one I don’t think I could take it.”

“I’ve seen people give up drinking and decide all the fun in their lives is over. They’re miserable dry drunks who won’t try to enjoy something new. They don’t want to take a chance on bowling, or white water rafting, or even knitting, because they might not like it. Never give up on enjoying life. Take a chance.”

Today I will take a chance on enjoying life.

Burnout Training ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Burnout Training is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment