Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Enjoying Today
Even after years of practicing acceptance, I couldn’t let go of the verdict. It bugged me.  I was shocked when Daniel didn’t cancel Jackie’s invitation to his wedding. A month later it still bugged me as I sat in a chair one row away from Jackie at the ceremony.

Bandgee acted as ring bearer. He wore a bow tie and sweater that looked like a tux. One of Daniel’s brothers held the dog’s leash until it was time to exchange vows. He took the dog off the leash. 

 Daniel turned and said, “Here boy.” Bandgee waddled forward, tail wagging furiously, with the rings attached to his collar.  Almost everyone in the hall said ‘awww’ all at once.

The cuteness of it all drove the resentment over the verdict from my mind. That was yesterday, today was a new day. I made up my mind to enjoy the wedding.

I won’t let yesterday get in the way of enjoying today.

Burnout Training ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Burnout Training is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment