Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Greener Grass
It was mid-October before The New Boss and I found the time for a weekend fishing trip.
We could have fished from his deck, but The New Boss said, “I know it’s crazy, but I’m always convinced the fish are in the next pool. I’ve caught fish here, but let’s drive a couple miles down the road and fish there. Do you mind?”

“Nope,” I said. “But I gotta tell you, when we were kids my dad was always convinced the fish were on the other side of the lake.  We never had a boat so we’d trek across swamp and woods to get to the spots nobody fished. Walking back to the car at the end of the day we’d pass people fishing the places we’d abandoned. They’d show us all the fish they’d caught.”

“Greener grass syndrome,” The New Boss said. “I know I have it.” We drove down the road anyway.

Today I will make sure I’m not giving into greener grass syndrome.

Burnout Training ©2018 by Ken Montrose
Burnout Training is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment