Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Well, Whaddya Know?
The next day the police arrived at work. Everyone was interviewed, except Jackie.  Apparently, they’d already had a long talk with her.

As the detective questioned me, I realized I knew less than I thought I did.  I didn’t think I knew enough to be much help to the defense or the prosecution if Jackie’s case went to court.  The detective told me he’d be in touch.

Over the years I’d seen how people got tripped up not knowing what they didn’t know.  Court-ordered to rehab, they arrived convinced they knew what addiction was, and they weren’t addicted. They were often quick to point out signs of other people’s addictions, not knowing they had the same problem. Thinking they knew more than they did, they resisted learning what they didn’t know.

“The trick,” I said to myself, “is to know what you know and learn what you don’t.”

Today I will look at what I know.

  
Burnout Training ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Burnout Training is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment