Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Red Light, Green Light, Go!
The next day I ran into a woman I’d met at my previous job.

“How’s your recovery going?” I asked.

“Today I feel like I’m jogging at a red light,” she said.

“I’m not sure I understand the connection to recovery.”

“If I keep jogging at a red light, I’m not getting anywhere, but it’s easier to move when the light changes.  Jogging at the red light is doing all the things that got me sober even if I don’t feel my life is getting better.  I know life will change, and I will move forward.  Besides, while I’m sober today my brain and body are healing on their own.”

Today I will jog at the red light.

Burnout Training ©2018 by Ken Montrose
Burnout Training is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment