Friday, August 31, 2018

Too Much
“Say ‘hello’ to Ty-Guy for me,” I said. Ty-Guy was Blondie’s new boyfriend.

“I’ll tell him to make you and Brat Boy a pot of jambalaya,” Blondie said.

“I’ll shoot you both.”

Shortly after they met, Blondie had discovered she and Ty-Guy shared a love for cooking. One Sunday night they made jambalaya for dinner for the whole family.  A lot of jambalaya. I like jambalaya. I liked it that night and the following lunch. I had it for lunch every day that week.  By Friday, I never wanted to eat jambalaya again.  Too much of a good thing is never good.

I like lifting, but I’ve seen guys at the gym addicted to getting bigger turn to steroids. They lift until they’re huge. The strain on their bodies can be deadly. Likewise, I like to jog, but people develop exercise anorexia, running themselves into the ground, burning off every calorie, straining to increase their performance.  Too much exercise can be as bad as no exercise at all.

I don’t drink, any alcohol is too much for me.  Most people can have a glass of wine with dinner without a problem. On the other hand, the people eager to tell me a little wine is good for your heart are often the ones drinking it a box at a time.  What might have been good for them will likely shorten their lives. (If you can’t decide which wine goes with your Egg McMuffin, you’ve got a problem.)

Today I’ll avoid too much of anything.

Burnout Training ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Burnout Training is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment