Thursday, August 16, 2018

The Cat’s Meow
“Until I started dating my fiancée I wasn’t much of a cat person,” Daniel said. “But now I love having them around.”

“What changed your mind?” I asked.

“I’ve learned a lot from her cats. They taught me the joy of curiosity.   If she leaves a bag on the floor, they walk around it. They crawl into it. They jump on top. They enjoy the hell out of that bag.  They taught me about patience.  One of her cats watched a spot in the grass for almost an hour before he caught a vole.”

“You have to love the sound of a cat purring.”

“You can hear them purr from across the room. It’s like they want everyone to know they’re happy.  The world would be a better place if we all let everyone know when we were really happy.”

“I’ve always been impressed with how they take a sunbeam and a warm spot and make them into a celebration,” I said.

“Me too,” Daniel said. He laughed, and added, “My grandmother used to say you never learn something new going to the same old places with the same old people and doing the same old things.  My fiancée and her cats have been an education.”

Today I will learn something new from somewhere and/or somebody new.  

Burnout Training ©2018 by Ken Montrose
Burnout Training is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment