Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Data
“Call Blondie,” Brat Boy said. “She’s worried about you fishing in the wilderness. It’s like Mom’s paranoia about the woods times ten.”

I shook my head. Blondie worried about the people she loved
.
Brat Boy added, “I told her you fall in every fifty years or so.  You’re due to drown sometime after your 100th birthday.”

“Makes sense,” I said.

“Blondie thinks you fell in once, you’ll fall in again.  Or get eaten by a bear. Maybe shot by a hunter who thought you were a deer.”

“I won’t wear my antler hat.”

“Blondie worries because she only sees one piece of information.  I look at all the data.  You can swim. You wear water shoes instead of hip waders so there’s nothing to drag you down if you do fall in.  You’re not fishing alone. It’s not deer season.”

“I know a guy whose wife is trying to get him into rehab. She says he’s addicted to painkillers. He keeps saying they’re prescribed. They are, but he shows all the signs of abusing them.  He has a high tolerance, gets shaky and sick if he misses a dose, and is still taking them months after his surgery. He had to really shop around to find a doc to keep prescribing them.”

“He’s gotta look at all the data,” Brat Boy said.

Today I will look at all the data.

Burnout Training ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Burnout Training is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment