Monday, August 27, 2018

Serenity Prayer, Part II
“You know the Serenity Prayer, right?” Drivel asked me.

“I’ve been in recovery for almost thirty years,” I said, “I may have heard it once or twice.”

Drivel laughed. “So there’s a part where it says ‘and the wisdom to know the difference,’ meaning being smart enough to know what you can and cannot change.  I always thought that was funny.”

“Why funny?” I asked.

“Because you can always change yourself. It doesn’t take a lot of wisdom to know that. I always thought they should add a line about the strength to change and the wisdom to know how.”

“You may have a point,” I said.

Today I’ll seek the strength to change and the wisdom to know how.

Burnout Training ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Burnout Training is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment