Wednesday, August 15, 2018

For Better or Worse
The next day Bandgee once again roamed the halls.  I bent down to scratch his ears. Daniel walked by.

“A couple of months ago you told Brittany no dogs,” I said. “Then you brought in Boo. Now Bandgee lives here.”

“I know,” Daniel said, shaking his head. “I need to enforce my own rules.”

“You misunderstand me. I think it’s great. People have a tendency to think some things are getting worse when they’re really getting better.”

“Not sure I know what you mean,” Daniel said.

“That wasn’t a great example. There are more people with cancer. It looks like things are getting worse until you realize people with cancer are living longer. There are more people in remission.  When people first get sober they’re painfully aware of their feelings and problems.  Seems to them like life has gotten worse, but now that they’re no longer numb, they can deal with their issues.  Things are getting better.”

Daniel laughed. “So things are getting better even though I'm breaking my own rules? Should we get more dogs in the office?”

“And a cat. Maybe two.”

Today I will look for things getting better.

Burnout Training ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Burnout Training is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment