Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Bridges Not Burned
When I got back home, I collapsed into my favorite chair. Blondie walked over to hug me.

“Daddy, your eye!” Blondie said. “You look terrible.”

“Let me see,” Brat Boy said as he got up from the couch.  He leaned in for a closer look. “She’s right, Dad. You look hideous. And so does your eye.”

Brat Boy grabbed eye drops from the medicine cabinet.  Blondie got a cold, damp washcloth to put over my eye.

They went back to watching a movie. I closed both eyes and thought about how lucky I was to have people who cared about me. Too many people I knew had burned every bridge to loved ones, mostly through their addictions, but sometimes just by being selfish.

Today I’ll be grateful for people who care about me.

Burnout Training ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Burnout Training is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment