Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Reward
I spent most of the next day helping Blondie move into a new apartment. When I got home I checked the weather. Rain was predicted for the next two days. The grass wasn’t high enough to hide a car, but it was getting tall. Even though I was tired, I spent the next two and a half hours cutting and bagging the grass.

When I was done, I wrote my blog. There was more I could have done on my laptop, but I thought I’d earned a reward. I ordered a pizza and watched a movie instead. 
Life can be unfair my first sponsor had reminded me.  Don’t make it more so by cheating yourself out of rewards you’ve earned.
Today I will reward myself.

Burnout Training ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Burnout Training is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at www.greenbriartraining

No comments:

Post a Comment