Wednesday, August 8, 2018


Repetitive Emotion Injury
“How’s Drivel doing?” Dr. Deb asked.  “You haven’t mentioned him since his guru was arrested.”

“He reminds me of my elbow,” I said.  My doctor had diagnosed ‘computer elbow,’ which he described as a repetitive motion injury. The tendons in my elbow were swollen from overusing them at an awkward angle on my laptop.

“Your elbow?”

“I have a repetitive motion injury. He has a repetitive emotion injury. Neither injury was caused by trauma. The pain built up over time.”

“What’s causing his pain?”

“He’s disappointed in his life in little ways all day long. Nothing overwhelming or horrible, but it adds up. Chasing the next guru is his way of treating the pain.  I wonder if he wouldn’t be better off focusing on gratitude and acceptance to deal with his disappointment.”

Today I’ll beware of repetitive emotion injuries.

Burnout Training ©2018 by Ken Montrose
Burnout Training is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment