Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Seeing is Remembering
When I got home, Brat Boy was sitting on the couch, tiny screws and pieces of electronics scattered across the coffee table in front of him.

“What’s that?” I asked, pointing at the clutter.

“The guts of your TV,” he said without looking up.  “I hope I can put it back together.”

“What to do you mean, you hope?” I asked.  I loved my TV, and it loved me.

“I’m kidding, Dad.  It’s an amplifier I bought at a garage sale. I just wanted to see how it works.”  He explained the circuitry, but the discussion was way over my head.

“It sounds like you already know how it works,” I said.

“I do, but you know how they say ‘seeing is believing’? Seeing is also remembering. I’ll remember how this works much longer because I’ve seen it.”

It occurred to me he’d be more likely to remember the right thing to do, if he saw me doing it.

Today I will let people see me doing the next right thing.


Burnout Training ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Burnout Training is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment