Thursday, August 2, 2018

Gentle Reminder
Two days later I was back at work and so was Bandgee.  Near the end of the day, the basset hound hid under my desk as Daniel vacuumed the halls and cubicles where the dog had been.

When he was done I said, “No offense, but you are such a neat freak.  Taking in these old dogs really creates work for you.”

Daniel reached down to scratch Bandgee’s ears. He said, “Most of my relationships are low maintenance. It would be easy for me to neglect them. I love these dogs. The extra work they create reminds not to neglect the people I love, whether they’re high or low maintenance.”

When Daniel stopped scratching Bandgee’s ears the dog turned to look at me as if to ask, ‘you just gonna sit there, or you gonna do some scratching too?’ High maintenance dog.

“I see your point,” I said.

Today I’ll be careful not to neglect the people I love, whether they are high or low maintenance.

Burnout Training ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Burnout Training is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment