Friday, August 24, 2018

The Ties That Bind
“Heard anything about Weedman?” I asked Drivel.

“I talked to him today,” Drivel answered.

I hesitated before saying, “I thought you and Weedman never got along. You called him?”

“We didn’t hate each other, but we weren’t friends.  I used to pray he’d get Lyme disease when he was out puttering around in his garden.”

“Wow, that’s cold. How did the conversation go?”

Drivel half snorted, half laughed. ““It was awkward at first, but since we’re both struggling, we had something to talk about. I feel so stupid for buying all the bullshit and snake oil Mike Maverick was selling. Still can’t believe the money I spent.  Weedman feels like an idiot for getting into the mess he’s in.”

“So you’re saying stupidity brought you together?”

“Absolutely. Stupidity. And I’m kind of glad it did. It was the only good thing to come out of the last couple of weeks here.”

Today I’ll be grateful for whatever pulls us together.

Burnout Training ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Burnout Training is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment