Monday, August 6, 2018

Waste Not, Chase Not
Weedman had been good at his job. I had hoped to learn from him. I didn’t know what he would do next, but I couldn’t help but think his talents might go to waste.  Instead of helping the military and major corporations get their systems to work together, he would likely be sitting at home staring at his computer monitor.

Good parents, good drivers, good doctors, good teachers, good builders, good clergy, good engineers, good people in general - all their abilities suffered when they chased their addictions.  We all felt the loss.  If they got clean and sober the world’s problems wouldn’t be over, but their little corner of it would be a better place to live.

I made up mind for at least one more day, not to waste whatever talent I had chasing an addiction.

Today I won’t waste whatever talents I have by chasing an addiction.

Burnout Training ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Burnout Training is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment