Friday, December 7, 2018

Concerned
Later that day Billie texted me. She wanted to know if Trevor had seen anybody about his hand.
‘He’s not answering my texts,’ she wrote.  ‘I texted him about what could happen if his wound isn’t cleaned properly.’

‘You can bet he didn’t have it looked at. Text him again, skip the medical part and focus on how  you’re worried about him.’

‘No,’ she texted. ‘He’s a grown man. He needs to take care of this himself.’

I got her point. It wasn’t her job to make Trevor take care of himself. On the other hand, I thought it would have been good for him to know Billie wasn’t just being a nurse. She was concerned for him. He was lucky to have someone cared.

Today I’ll count myself lucky to have people concerned for me.

Dogged Determination ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment