Friday, December 21, 2018

Judge Not
“Can I store my bike in your garage?” Roger asked me.

“There’s no room in my garage,” I said.  “Besides, sooner or later you’re going to have to tell your wife about the bike.”

“I want to make it later rather than sooner,”  Roger said. He said he'd ask Trevor.

Kim called to say Roger had called her about storing his motorcycle at her house.  “Can you believe how sneaky and spineless he’s being?” Kim asked me. I heard dogs barking in the background.

I laughed. “You gave in,” I said. “You got the dog.”

“No,” Kim insisted. “Well, yes but not right away. Cara took the dog home. I went to Cara’s house to just say hello. The dog followed me home.”

“You live in Zelienople. Cara lives in Wexford. The dog followed your car for fifteen miles?”

“No. He followed me to my car. Somehow he found his way into the backseat.” I didn’t have to say anything. I just waited. Kim added, “OK , I held the door open for him.”

“Didn’t your landlord tell you no new dogs?” I asked.

“He did, but when he comes over my neighbor is going to say the dog is his.”

“So who’s spineless and sneaky now?”

Another long pause. “The guy who was horsing around with Brat Boy, broke his wife’s expensive figurine, and borrowed money from his friends so he could replace it without taking money out of the checking account. I think he did that so his wife wouldn’t find out.”

Today I’ll be a little slower to judge people.

(No actual figurines were harmed in the writing of this blog.)

Dogged Determination ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment