Wednesday, December 12, 2018

To Your Health
Sam joined us. “Where’d you go?” I asked.

 “To call my sister and yell at her.” He held up a green refillable water bottle. “I drink lemon water all day long. Yesterday she put a ton of sugar in here. Said a little couldn’t hurt and she was only trying to make drinking enough water easier for me.”

“You don’t believe her?” I asked.

“Call me paranoid, but I think she’s sabotaging my diet.  Why would she do that?”

I thought he already knew, so I didn’t spare his feelings.  “When you’re heavy or on some crazy diet, she likes to look down on you. Taking care of you lets her play the martyr.  She gets to boss you around because you don’t feel good enough to fight back.  If you get healthy, all that goes away.”

He thought for a minute. “If I get healthy, the family’s attention might turn to her problems.”

I nodded. “Your sister isn’t the healthiest person I’ve met.”

Roger growled, “Ken means she’s a batshit crazy psycho-witch the Devil chased out of hell ‘cause he couldn’t stand that screechy voice one more second.” Roger had dated Sam’s sister.

Today I will accept unhealthy people aren’t always happy about other people getting healthy.

Dogged Determination ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment