Monday, December 3, 2018

Sooner Rather Than Later
After the funeral we walked to our cars.  Someone had placed a rose on Kim’s windshield. 

“Ooh, what did you do to get a rose?” Cara asked.

“Nothing,” Kim said shaking her head. “I went out with this guy Tony.  He was nice but not my type. He’s been after me to see him again.  I’ve gotten a couple of cards from him and some text messages.  I guess he’s upping his game.”

Trevor picked the rose from the windshield with his heavily bandaged right hand.  He turned the flower over and over again, looking at it like it was evidence.  “Do you want me to talk to this Tony? Maybe help him see the light?”

Kim laughed. “Tony is harmless. He’ll get tired of this and move on.”

Trevor looked at the rose again, looked at Kim. “Alright, but let me know if he bothers you anymore.” Trevor had really never stopped being a cop at heart.  “Always best to deal with problems sooner rather than later.”

Today I will deal with problems sooner rather than later.

Dogged Determination ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment