Friday, December 28, 2018

Who’s Fooling Who?
I ran into Roger at the supermarket on my way home.

“When I got home my boat was gone,” Roger said. “I thought, oh shit, another Viking funeral. I ran into the house, but all my stuff was still there.”

“What happened to your boat?” I asked.

“She sold it to pay off my new bike,” Roger said.

“Seems fair,” I said.

Roger smiled. “I don’t know how she found out, but she did.  She was waiting to see if I’d confess.  I was only fooling myself, thinking I had gotten one by her.”

“It happens. How many people knew you had a drinking problem long before you admitted it?”

Today I’ll accept I may only be fooling myself.

Dogged Determination ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment