Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Novella

 Just Looking

After the meeting I asked the speaker why he went back out after five years of sobriety.

“I was bored because I was too lazy to go looking for something interesting.  I expected life to come to me.”

“So did you find something?”

He showed me a picture on his phone. A dog that looked like a German shepherd/grizzly bear mix sat next to him on a couch.

“I started volunteering at the pound, walking the dogs and playing with the cats.  I ended up with this monster ‘cause nobody else seemed to want him.”

He took a sip of his coffee, and added. “He reminds me to look for life. When we walk he can’t wait to see what scents he can pick up. We have to stop at the wiener dog’s yard so they can exchange stories. When we get to the dog park, and he can’t stop playing.”

“He’s loving his life.”

“’Cause he looks for it.”

 

Today I’ll go looking for life.

 

 

Novella is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

•                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible
 

No comments:

Post a Comment