Thursday, February 9, 2023

NOVELLA

 

Sick and Tired

I got a message from someone I knew from college.  He said he was sick and tired of his addiction, and wanted to go to rehab.

I told him before he did anything else, to write down what exactly he was sick and tired of. I explained when people make changes, their lives improve, but their memories of how sick and tired they were fade.

‘It’s one reason people repeat past mistakes,’ I added.

 He added examples from his own life. ‘It’s why people with a year sober go out for a beer or two and wind up wasted and arrested, or text the ex who broke their heart.  It’s why they take on some huge home project even though the last one took months and left them hating their house, their spouse, and their tool box.’

I told him to hold onto that list, and never forget how sick and tired he was when he texted me.

After I gave him the number for our rehab, I reminded myself of all the ways I’d been sick and tired of my old life.

 

Today I’ll remember how sick and tired I was.

 

Novella is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

•                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible


No comments:

Post a Comment