Monday, February 6, 2023

Novella

Pass

The next day I woke up with no appetite, feeling a little queasy.  I skipped breakfast, ate no lunch, and forced myself to eat a roll for dinner. It didn’t sit well.

The next day wasn’t much better.

Three days in, my appetite returned.  I had an important meeting that day, and my new boss was coming to hear me present.

I felt weak and wrung out.

Before I let myself worry too much, I thought of others whose problems didn’t clear in a couple days. So many people struggled with severe mental illnesses and chronic medical conditions.

I remembered a client who’d had a son from a short-term relationship.  For the foreseeable future she had to deal with his pettiness, selfishness, and overbearing family.  

“I call him my ex, ‘cause we’re done, and because he put the ‘ex’ in excrement,” she had told me.

“This too shall pass,” I quoted to my laptop when I wearily gathered my materials for the training. “I need to be grateful that it will.”

 

Today I’ll be grateful for problems that pass.

 

Novella is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

•                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible
 

No comments:

Post a Comment