Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Novella

Regrettably

Texting with my classmate the day before had brought back memories.  I thought about all the opportunities I’d wasted in high school and college, and how I managed to drink my way out of graduate school.

Dr. Deb asked me what I was thinking.

“Thinking about my academic career. Beating myself up over things I did thirty-five years ago,” I said.

“Good idea,” Dr. Deb said. “Tomorrow you can beat yourself up for wasting today thinking about wasting time years ago.

We both laughed, but I knew she had a point.  Regretting the past was a waste of time.

 

Today I won’t waste time regretting the times I’ve wasted.

 

Novella is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

•                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

 

No comments:

Post a Comment