Friday, February 10, 2023

Novella

Promises, Promises

I’m a little disappointed in my wife,’ the guy I knew from college wrote. ‘She promised to love me in sickness and in health. She’s leaving me.’

‘You probably promised to cherish her, forsaking all others,’ I wrote. 

‘What’s your point?’

‘If you’re addicted to something, you break promises to loved ones, like cherishing them. They start to feel forsaken for something other than them.’

‘I guess I can’t expect her to honor her promises when I wasn’t really honoring mine.’

“For some of us, alcohol is a solvent that melts away promises,’ I wrote.

 

Today I will keep my promises.

Novella is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

•                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

 

No comments:

Post a Comment