Friday, February 3, 2023

Novella

 

NOVELLA

Obstacles

I opened my laptop that evening to write a chapter of my novella. No words came to me.

“Why am I doing this?” I said to the cat curled up on my lap. He pretended not to hear.

I opened Twitter, thinking I might find some inspiration there.

Five minutes later I wanted to hide under the bed. “There are some scary, scary, people out there,” I said to the cat. He ignored me again.

Just as I was about to shut my computer and call it a night, I quote jumped out at me:

“If you find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.” Frank A. Clark.

“And,” I said, “obstacles might just be a sign you’re on a path worth traveling.”

I wrote a page and a half about a new problem my main character had to face.

 

Today I will know I’m on the right path because of, not in spite of, the obstacles.

 

Novella is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

•                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment