Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Novella

 

NOVELLA

Of People and Pizza

After I sent the message, I was still feeling a little down.   

When I found my phone, I sent my son a heart emoji and a basketball, challenging him to a game. I added a picture of a baby in an NBA jersey, crying.

I wrote, ‘You, after I dunk on you repeatedly.’

He sent me a picture of an outhouse, leaning badly to the side. ‘You’ll find your self-esteem in there, postgame.’ Laughing emoji, heart emoji.

My daughter returned the heart emoji I sent with a puppy with hearts for eyes. She was reminding me that as little girl she had followed me everywhere.  I couldn’t help but smile.

“Hey,” I called down to Dr. Deb, “I love you and I love pizza.”

She laughed. “Who do you love more? Me or the pizza?”

“Let’s order one and see.”

As we ate our pizza, it dawned on me how lucky I was to be surrounded by people who could always lift my spirits.

 

Today I’ll be grateful for the people who can always lift my spirits.

 

Novella is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

•                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment