Thursday, February 2, 2023

Novella

 

I Want To See The Manager

“You know what’s funny about my situation?” the speaker asked. “I quit drinking because my life was unmanageable.  Now it’s less manageable than ever.”

“How so?” I asked.

“A year after I got my dog, I married a woman who had three cats and a hyperactive chihuahua.  Her son had a big lizard. He says it’s an iguana, but I think it’s a baby Komodo Dragon, I really do.”

I laughed.  “You run a zoo.”

He smiled.  “Both my wife and my stepson are high energy.  Constant motion. The boy plays three sports and is learning to play the tuba.”

I laughed.  “How do you manage?”

“I don’t,” he said, his smile broadening. “Sometimes the best you can do is be grateful for the joy you can’t manage.”  

 

Today I’ll be grateful for joyful unmanageability.

 

Novella is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

•                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment