Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Thursday
October 30, 2014


Life on Life's Terms

Happy childhood
Months passed.  Julie delivered perfectly healthy twins.  Darren got a job he could work from home.  Julie stayed clean and sober, and kept her promise to quit smoking.  She mended fences with her family and his.  Both families lived nearby.
The twins could have been raised by an active addict had Julie not gotten clean.  Instead, they   had two good parents.  Aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents dropped by every day.  I couldn't imagine a better upbringing for the twins. I thought of all the people I knew whose parents had been active drug abusers, and how that had affected them. 


Today I will be happy for children raised by clean and sober parents.
Life on Life's Terms (c) 2014 by Ken Montrose


Other Blogs

https://www.goodreads.com/author_blog_posts/7258562-neurosis

RPG

I did what?
Kim was smiling as she walked into group, cell phone in hand.
"You seem happy," I said.  "It's good to see."
"Have you ever been surprised by your own behavior?" Kim asked.  "Pleasantly surprised?"
"Every now and again."
She looked at her cell phone and said, "I just turned down a trip to Majorca with a very rich and very handsome man.  I didn't want to be around alcohol.  I can't believe I did that."
"You're making progress. I think you worked hard to lay the groundwork for this kind of surprise."
"I think you're right," she said, shaking her head in disbelief.

I hope today I am pleasantly surprised by whatever progress I've made.

Relapse Prevention Group © 2014 by Ken Montrose

No comments:

Post a Comment