Tuesday, October 28, 2014

WednesdayOctober 29, 2014


Life on Life's Terms

Another gratitude list
Rather than reflect on how another person's character defects might affect my day, I wrote a list of humble people.  I wrote another list of honest people. My third list was of people I could depend on.

Today I will be grateful for humble, honest, dependable people.
Life on Life's Terms © 2014 by Ken Montrose

Upcoming Trainings

Ethics in the Helping Professions
November 5, 2014 at Kerr Presbyterian Church in Verona
9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m
$50 payable in advance, at the door, or by invoice after the training

This six hour training is accredited for:
  • Addiction Counselors by the Pa. Certification Board
  • Nurses by the PSNA #101-1-O-14
  • Counselors by NAADAC #477 and NBCC #6352
  • EAPs by the Employee Assistance Certification Commission
  • Social Workers by the University of Pittsburgh School of Social Work.


To register, please visit our website greenbriartraining.com or send an email to: kmontrose@greenbriar.net


Other Blogs

AArdvarks, a daily messages blog about a group of young people in recovery, can be found at: https://www.goodreads.com/author_blog_posts/7255218-vampires-and-zombies

Relapse Prevention Group

What do you know
I walked outside to get the mail.  Roger was sitting with the smokers, scribbling feverishly in a notebook.
"What're you writing?" I asked.
"You know I had seven years clean before this last relapse, right?" he asked.  "I'm writing a list of everything I learned.  It's a gratitude list."
"What are you grateful for?"
"I'm grateful I know these things.  Most of them I learned the hard way.  Some of them I had to learn over and over.  I'm grateful I don't need to re-learn them, I just have to put them into practice."

Today I will be grateful for things I know, and need only put into practice.

RPG: Relapse Prevention Group © 2014 by Ken Montrose

No comments:

Post a Comment