Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Wednesday
October 22, 2014


Life on Life's Terms

Cautiously Optimistic
"Was that really your brother in the back of the church?" I asked.
"Yes it was.  My brother, Evan Almighty, in the flesh."
"I can't believe he crashed your wedding."
"Part of me says 'how dare he?'  Part me also says he's trying.  He'll probably never meet me halfway, but he took a baby step toward putting things right between us."
"I'm happy for you," I said.  "I was proud of you for handing him the rose."
"I'm cautiously optimistic.  He's taken a baby step.  If he takes another in a reasonable amount of time, I'll be just plain optimistic." 
"What if he doesn't do anything more to patch up things between you two?"
"Then I won't waste any more of my energy on our relationship.  There's a difference between being optimistic and being unrealistic."


Today I will be cautiously optimistic and realistic about relationships.
Life on Life's Terms (c) 2014 by Ken Montrose

Upcoming Trainings

Working Supportively with Families and Significant Others
October 29, 2014 at Kerr Presbyterian Church in Verona
9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m
$50 payable in advance, at the door, or by invoice after the training

This five hour training is accredited for:
  • Addiction Counselors by the Pa. Certification Board
  • Nurses by the PSNA #101-1-O-14
  • Counselors by NAADAC #477 and NBCC #6352
  • EAPs by the Employee Assistance Certification Commission
  • Social Workers by the University of Pittsburgh School of Social Work.

To register, please visit our website greenbriartraining.com or send an email to: kmontrose@greenbriar.net



Other Blogs

AArdvarks, a daily messages blog about a group of young people in recovery, can be found at: https://www.goodreads.com/author_blog_posts/7216407-small-changes


RPG

Slip right up!
"Listen Ken," Tony said, "Drinking with me is like getting on an amusement park ride.  The ride might seem a little wild, you might even puke, but you know you'll end up back where you started."
I said, "You aren't like an amusement park ride.  They're predictable.  You're like a rusted-out ride at a broken down carnival.  You think you know how the ride ends, but it could be far worse than you imagine. That kind of ride can even kill you."

Today I won't ride on anything that could kill me.
RPG: Relapse Prevention Group (c) 2014 by Ken Montrose

No comments:

Post a Comment