Monday, October 20, 2014

TuesdayOctober 21, 2014


Life on Life's Terms

A chance to help
At the reception, Tiffany hugged me for a long moment.  "Thank you," she said.  "You really helped me stay clean."
I wasn't her sponsor, and I had been much closer with her father.  I smiled and said, "Thanks, but I don't know that I did much."
"There were times before AA meetings when you just wanted to drink your coffee by yourself, but you listened to me rant and ramble anyway.  It was enough."
"I'm glad I could help," I said.  I really was.


Today will be grateful for any chance to help someone.
Life on Life's Terms (c) 2014 by Ken Montrose


Upcoming Trainings

Medications and Twelve Step Recovery
October 22, 2014 at Kerr Presbyterian Church in Verona
9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m
$50 payable in advance, at the door, or by invoice after the training

This five hour training is accredited for:
  • Addiction Counselors by the Pa. Certification Board
  • Nurses by the PSNA #101-1-O-14
  • Counselors by NAADAC #477 and NBCC #6352
  • EAPs by the Employee Assistance Certification Commission
  • Social Workers by the University of Pittsburgh School of Social Work.

To register, please visit our website greenbriartraining.com or send an email to: kmontrose@greenbriar.net



Other Blogs

AArdvarks, a daily messages blog about a group of young people in recovery, can be found at: https://www.goodreads.com/author_blog_posts/7211320-expanding-heart


RPG

The shortcut to hell
How did Kim know you had a bottle in your car?" I asked Tony.
"I showed it to her," Tony said.  "I told her if your group turned out to be a waste of time we could party a little.  She's hot and rich.  Can you blame me?"
"Yes, I can! She's trying to get clean.  She doesn't need you tempting her."
"Can't tempt people with what's in the store if they ain't lookin' in the window.  Besides, you can't pin this all on me.  If your group sucked, that would be your fault.  And if she wanted to have a little fun with me, that would be her choice."  He looked me in the eyes, shook his head, and said, "people gotta take responsibility for their actions." 

The shortcut to hell is paved by other people's bad intentions.

(Their cluelessness forms the guide rails.)

Relapse Prevention Group (c) 2014 by Ken Montrose

No comments:

Post a Comment